Website City of Xenia, Ohio
The City of Xenia is accepting cover letters and resumes for a Project Manager/GIS Internship position. The position will assist the public service and engineering departments with project management and developing a GIS database and utility maps.
GIS Intern Responsibilities
- Ability to interpret construction drawings.
- Field data collection and verification.
- Basic understanding of municipal civil engineering.
- Visit construction sites and perform miscellaneous inspections.
- Ability to work safely and independently in the field.
- Use of ESRI ArcGIS Software.
- Database creation, management, analysis, and related tasks.
- Create maps for staff and public review.
- ESRI Software, Trimble GPS, & MS Office Suite
- Open to students pursuing a degree in civil engineering, geographic information systems, geography, planning, urban studies, or a related field.
- Basic knowledge of GIS Software.
- Must be able to perform assigned field work, walking and climbing on uneven terrain. Will work indoors and outdoors in all-weather including heat and cold conditions.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
The intern will work a flexible schedule (up to 40 hours/week) during the summer (up to 12 weeks).
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jackie Potter, Human Resources Director via email at email@example.com.
This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org