Website Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission
The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission (MVRPC) has two full time (30-40 hours per week) planning/GIS internship positions open during the Spring-Summer of 2020 (approximately from April 27, 2020 to August 21, 2020).
The interns will assist the Long Range Transportation and the Regional Planning departments with various tasks, including:
- Long-Range Transportation/Land Use Planning
- Special Planning Studies
- Data Update, Data Analysis and Map Production using Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Field Surveys/Data Collection
Applicants should possess: knowledge of planning principles and practices; working knowledge of GIS; familiarity with research techniques; phone skills; and skill in the use of various basic software (word processing, databases, spreadsheet, etc).
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree (undergraduate or graduate) program in planning, geography, or related field
- Currently in the second year toward completing a Bachelor’s degree program.
- A personal vehicle to drive and a valid driver’s license are required for field work during working hours.
- Some practical professional experience preferred.
Submit a resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: February 28, 2020.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.mvrpc.org.