City of Fairborn, Ohio
The City of Fairborn is looking to fill the open positions of Project Worker II – GIS Technician (Intern). Under general supervision of the City Engineer, the Project Worker II – GIS Technician (Intern) is responsible for data collection, organization and design in support of the City’s GIS system. Works independently and with others. Performs related work as requested which may include office and field work.
- $16.25 Hourly
- 2 Vacancies
- Paid Internship is for 12 weeks, 40 hours a week.
Applicants must currently be pursuing a degree in GIS, Geography, Civil Engineering or a related discipline. Physical ability to walk for long periods of time including in areas of rough, muddy, uneven terrain while carrying gear and to lift 50 pounds. A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge Desired
- Ability to apply GIS and related technology in support of city infrastructure.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and maps.
- Practical knowledge of the techniques and tools (including ARCGIS and databases) used in complex data analysis.
- Ability to communicate clearly about the application of GIS with City Staff in a knowledgeable and accurate manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public.
- Basic understanding of the different types of municipal civil engineering infrastructure.
- Ability to work independently in the field.
- Ability to work safely.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software including but not limited to, editing data, creating data, modifying geographic data and ESRI Toolsets.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to record data in a legible manner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill in operating and utilizing standard types of peripheral GIS, GPS and field equipment to include but not be limited to scanners, plotters, GPS-enabled cameras, and GPS units used to develop, digitize, maintain, manipulate and produce GIS map products and associated data.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fairbornoh →