Website Greene County Auditor
This is a 20-hour per week internship in the Data Processing Department of the Greene County Auditor’s Office. The intern will be responsible for performing GIS database conversion and maintaining county GIS maps and geodatabase information.
- Producing and designing maps for the public, other departments and other organizations;
- County geodatabase editing, data creation and maintenance;
- Creating compelling Web Maps using ArcGIS Online;
- Capturing GIS data using GPS, electronic data recorders and other electronic means;
- Downloading, converting and uploading GIS data from other sources to make them usable;
- Cataloging of GIS data to include metadata creation;
- Perform spatial analysis and geo‐processing as required;
- Evaluate GIS development and application proposals and assessing the feasibility of projects;
- Develop new applications and train others on their use
- Principles and practices of system administration using GIS applications and spatial databases;
- Cartographic principals and design;
- Research methods and techniques related to collecting, analyzing, and evaluating geographic/land use related data;
- GIS data formats such as Geodatabases, Shapefiles, CAD, etc…
- Environmental issues related to biology, geology, geography, land use, and environmental management;
- County customer service objectives and strategies;
- Telephone, office, and online etiquette
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently in a degree program from an accredited college or university in
- Geography/Geographic Information Systems, Planning or other related field.
- Understanding of geographic principles and experience and knowledge using the following:
- ESRI ArcGIS Suite 10.x
- ESRI ArcGIS Server 10.x
- ArcGIS Online
- ESRI Web App Builder
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to gather, aggregate and process data from multiple sources including Excel, Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Ability to explain technical issues to non‐technical users
- Strong communication and writing skills
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.