Website RA Consultants, LLC
RA Consultants, LLC, located in Blue Ash, Ohio, is seeking a motivated, detail oriented full-time CAD technician, that can multi-task between projects and achieve project deadlines. The capacity to learn new processes is critical, as well as having good verbal and written communication skills, and being able to work well in a team environment. Critical thinking skills and self-motivation are also required. This position will provide exposure to a wide variety of tasks, offering hands on work experience with supporting Engineers and Surveyors with drafting, research and design responsibilities on a diverse range of public and private projects, including water, wastewater and roadway design, topographic maps, boundary surveys and site plans.
Good note taking and communication skills are essential.
Requirements and job duties
- Knowledge of AutoCAD including the Civil 3D extension is a MUST. Familiarity should include points, surfaces, alignments, pipe networks, profiles, sections and roads.
- Ability to troubleshoot AutoCAD Civil 3D problems should they arise when working in the program.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Candidate must maintain a valid Ohio Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Coordinate with Engineers, designers, technicians and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages.
- Research and preparation for field surveys, including pre-calculations.
- Archive drawings and maintain existing database indexes following existing standards and formats.
- Check field notes and ensure surveys and field notes are consistent and conform to our existing standards and procedures.
- Work from drawings, sketches or scanned images, customer drawings or government drawings and specifications.
- Effective communication with our clients about requests and expected deliverables.
- Willingness, ability and commitment to meet task deadlines.
- Interpret specifications and construction plan drawings.
- Review completed drawings for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and oral communication skills.
- Provide emergency field services when required.
- Ability to collect field measurements and other utility asset attribute information using tablets and other mobile devices
- Ability to follow instructions and work in an organized and safe manner.
- Salary Range based on individual qualifications and experience.
Preferred attributes/application scoring criteria
- AutoCAD/Civil 3D: 3-5 years (Preferred).
- MicroStation/Geopak is a plus.
- ESRI/ArcView is a plus.
- Ability to transfer data between AutoCAD/Civil 3D and ESRI/ArcView
- Experience working with water, wastewater and stormwater utilities
- Basic understanding of Engineering and Surveying concepts.
- Experience producing hard copy and digital maps/plans products.
- Knowledge of local CAD standards.
- Occasional exposure to traffic hazards and inclement weather.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
If you are interested in applying, then please submit a resume, cover letter, and any digital portfolio materials (portfolio optional) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RA Consultants, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com