The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission (MVRPC) has two full time (30-40 hours per week) planning/GIS internship positions open during the summer of 2018 (approximately from May 7, 2018 to August 31, 2018) to assist with various regional planning activities, including:
- Long and Short-Range Transportation Planning
- Special Planning Studies
- Land Use Planning
- Data Update, Data Analysis and Map Production using Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Field Surveys/Data Collection
Applicants should possess: knowledge of planning principles and practices; working knowledge of GIS; familiarity with research techniques; skill in the use of various basic software (word processing, databases, spreadsheet, etc).
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree (undergraduate or graduate) program in planning, geography, or related field
- Currently in the second year toward completing a Bachelor’s degree program.
- A personal vehicle to drive and a valid driver’s license are required for field work during working hours.
- Some practical professional experience preferred.
Submit a resume via e-mail to email@example.com. Application deadline: March 2, 2018.
An Equal Opportunity Employer